Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Preparatory Course
The Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Preparatory Course is an optional course for those interested in obtaining their Certified Food Scientist credential. The course will be valuable for those interested in brushing up on their applied scientific knowledge in a group setting. The CFS Prep Course offers participants two full days of face-to-face instruction with expert instructors, access to a series of practice tests, and an engaging online community for asking questions and sharing study tips. This course is also offered as an online course.
This course will review the eight content areas covered on the CFS Exam:
- Food Chemistry and Food Analysis
- Food Engineering
- Food Microbiology
- Food Safety
- Product Development
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Sensory Evaluation and Consumer Testing
Course Length: 2 Days (July 10-11, 2015).
Instructor Bios (PDF)
Prep Course Timeline (PDF)
Here’s what previous attendees had to say:
- “The CFS Prep Course not only jump-started my preparation, it got me excited about studying again for food science. Earning the CFS certification formally recognizes all of the experience, knowledge, and dedication that contribute to a successful career in the food industry today. I am both elated and humbled to join an elite group of professionals. Thank you! Loved it!” – Paul Rockwell, CFS, Executive R&D Chef
- “The class was incredibly helpful. I definitely think anyone who wants to take the exam should take the Prep Course.” -Hannah Gray, CFS, Food Technologist
- "The course was an excellent way to kick start my CFS exam preparation. The class room discussions and references cited during the course; blog discussions and instructor interactions after course completion have helped me not only to prepare for the CFS exam but also to take a professional/holistic approach to solving problems in food science." - Shiva Garimella, CFS
- Product Developers
- R&D Professionals
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance Professionals
- Operations & Production Personnel
- Marketing Professionals
Learning Level:Mid-Career, Advanced
Continuing Education Hours: 14
Individuals holding these credentials will earn 14 hours* for completion of this course: Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Technicians, Certified Research Chefs, and Certified Culinary Scientists.
*Subject to change plus or minus one hour based on final agenda.
|Member Type||2 Day Course (July 10-11, 2015)|
|IFT Member through May 29||$630|
|Non-Member through May 29||$795|
|IFT Member after May 29||$730|
|Non-Member after May 29||$895|