Discover new ideas and innovations, and gain insights into coming trends that will help you…and your organization…be even more successful. Learn how leading companies are using the latest science to develop products to meet evolving consumer needs. IFT15 offers virtually unlimited opportunities for you to expand your knowledge base, enhance your skills, and extend your expertise.
Scientific & Applied Sessions
IFT's most comprehensive education program attracts food professionals for three intensive days of knowledge sharing. Take advantage of more than 90 sessions and 1,000+ technical research presentations, divided into major areas of focus and developed by food professionals on the vanguard of food science. Participants regularly rate the quality and usefulness of content in these sessions as a 4.0+ on a five point scale. You'll gain an understanding of the current state of the science and how it's being applied in the real world.
Did you attend the education programming this year? Be sure to evaluate the sessions for us!
Hot Topic Sessions
Staying abreast of shifting global food landscape is a challenge. Our Hot Topic Sessions take a closer look at new and emerging issues, and how these trending topics are influencing the science and business of food. Join us for five focused Hot Topic sessions:
- Validation of Pasteurization Processes for Low-Moisture Foods
- Transparency in the Food Industry: Keeping Consumers Informed
- Global Regulations and Import Issues: How is the Food Industry Preparing for the Foreign Supplier Verification Program Implementation?
- What Conventional Toxicology Doesn’t Tell You: The Impact of Processed Foods on Gut Microbiota, Inflammation, and Metabolic Disease
- Child Nutrition and its Impact on Health Outcomes & Implications
NEW! Research Presentations & Poster ExperienceExplore the latest research surrounding multidisciplinary issues many food science professionals – academics and industry alike – will find relevant. These unique sessions feature research outcomes presented by academic faculty, immediately followed by poster presentations on the same topics, giving you an opportunity for in-depth discussion and greater interaction. This year’s exciting Research Presentations & Poster Experience sessions are:
- Research Presentations & Poster Experience: Gut Microbiota – Sunday, July 12, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.; Room S406b
- Research Presentations & Poster Experience: Food Structure: From Micro to Macro Level – Monday, July 13, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Room S406b
Pre-event Short CoursesGet in-depth, practical education at a pre-event Short Course. Short Courses focus on current topics and are taught by experts in their respective areas.
Technical Field TripsTechnical Field Trips give you the opportunity to visit local businesses and gain an insider's view of the unique ways food science is currently being applied.
Are You a CFS?CFS credential holders can earn up to 24 credits toward recertification by attending the scientific and applied sessions, pre-event Short Courses, and more. It's a convenient and efficient way to work towards recertification.