Teaching & Learning SPA (Science Practice Application) Lounge
The Teaching & Learning SPA program offers our academic members, and others interested in teaching and learning, a dedicated place to socialize, network, and interact with colleagues throughout the meeting.
SPA sessions offer best practices, current research, networking, case studies and practical, skill-building resources for food science educators through interactive, experiential session which are shorter than normal sessions featured during the Annual Meeting Scientific Program (30-50 minutes max).
Visit the SPA during breaks in the scientific program for special Meet & Greet sessions, and unique opportunities for networking with your peers. The Lounge is located in New Orleans Morial Convention Center, Room 286-287. And don't miss the exciting Fennema Lecture, featuring Dr. Diane Ebert-May, Professor of Plant Biology at Michigan State University.
Additional programming features include:
- Shorter educator focused learning opportunities (30-50 minutes max)
- Meet-and-greet session with academic and industry partners to promote internship opportunities
- Learn emerging strategies for enhancing student learning
- Interactive skill-building courses
- Learn the latest from our Higher Education Review Board
- Discover new ideas for engaging and inspiring students in mathematical and engineering concepts
- Social learning opportunities with peers
- Learn about the latest innovations in the Journal of Food Science Education and our new video submission process
- And much, much more!