Student Monitor Program
Members of the IFT Student Association who will be attending the IFT Annual Meeting may apply to serve as student monitors. As a student monitor, you are an important member of our staff and act as a representative of our organization. For better understanding of what is expected of you as a volunteer, please read the session monitor rules and duties and sign the acknowledgement at the bottom of the online application form.
IFT will provide for you:
- Complimentary registration to the 2014 Annual Meeting & Food Expo
- Complimentary lodging in a quad-occupancy shared room during the meeting.
IFT asks that you agree to:
- View and complete the On-Demand training (available on April 16) no later than May 30.
- Attend A mandatory on-site training to be held in New Orleans, LA. on June 21 at 5:00 p.m.(Note: This time is mandatory and will not be changed. Please plan to arrive in the Speaker Room by 5:00 p.m.).
- Monitor up to eight (8), 1 ½ hour IFT sessions including, but not limited to: technical sessions, Keynote Sessions, supplier solution sessions, poster sessions, IFT Awards Celebration, etc. as assigned by IFT.
- Dress appropriately for all sessions. Dress code for all student monitors is business casual (no jeans, shorts, or sneakers.)
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Always be on time for all scheduled sessions.
- Adhere to all rules and duties. Students may be required to reimburse IFT for registration and lodging fees if they fail to adhere to the rules and duties set forth by IFT.
Students otherwise funded for travel to the Annual Meeting through IFT are not eligible for Student Monitor positions.